For those of you who dont know Froggyfibers already...boy are you missing out!!
Froggyfibers.etsy.com is one of my most favorite shops on Etsy!! I love her fibers, and I am certain you all will too.
Come take a moment to get acquainted!!
1.Who is FroggyFibers?
Froggy Fibers is a genius and fiber superstar! Okay, I like to think if I say that out loud that it will become true. =D Honestly, Froggy Fibers is one woman named LaRhanda who has the most undying support of her husband and son. If they weren't in the background cheering me on I doubt I would be nearly as sane as I am. **madly cackles**
2. What kind of crafting/art do you do? How long have you been doing it?
I dye, spin, knit and crochet fibers of all kinds. I also occasionally do some felting as well. As far as how long I have been doing, well I wish I could say forever. My recent addictions started in early 2004 but I have an on again, off again love affair going.
3. Where do you pull your inspiration from? My inspiration comes from the deep recesses of my brain. Its all that trying to connect color to reality. Or really, just anything can strike my fancy. I need to get one of those notepads and write it down sometimes.
4. What is your favorite medium?
Currently my favorite medium is fiber... any form of fiber. I may change it to sewing or painting on day (I've done them both before) but who knows.
5. Is Etsy your art your full time job, or just an on the side project?
Ohhh, had question. Etsy is both at the moment. I was employed full time and the economy caused cutbacks at my job. So right now Etsy is my income, If I had my way right now I would open a store for the fiber artists online and then a brick and mortar.
6. How did you find Etsy?
I found Etsy by accident. I was checking out a spinners website and they had the link to Etsy where they had set up their online store. I waited 2-3 months because I wanted to come up with a business username since it can't be changed later.
7. How did you become ADDICTED to Etsy CHAT?
How? When is the question... from the moment they introduced Chat I was in the rooms. I have watched so many permutations of chat and see so many people come and go. When I first went into chat I was on the bottom row, now I am almost always the first avatar in the room. (Which is only significant if people know that the avatars in chat are organized by account age Oldest to Newest)
8. What is your favorite piece that you have done?
To date I am pretty excited about my Princess Goldilocks handspun yarn and also a custom order I did in lime green and violet.
9. What is your favorite Etsy shop (other than yours)?
I have to say that I am loving on some staceyrebecca and abitabite. StaceyRebecca makes the cutest little finger puppets but in real life she does adult puppet shows. Its always the quiet ones you have to watch out for. =P
Abitabite is great cause she makes plush prick pincushions. 'Nuff said.
10.Tips for other Artists?
Do what makes you Happy.
Work hard, money wont fall in your lap by accident.
In the event money did fall in your lap, send me the lottery ticket and keep working hard. =P
11.Tell me a Secret about yourself.
I don't have secrets. I can't keep my damned mouth shut. That may be the biggest secret of all but if you are around me for any length of time you would find that out. Oh, I could say something like “I'm kinky in bed.” I could say something like that... but then again I might be lying for the purposes of having a secret.
12. Any parting words of wisdom
No matter what they say, those pictures will end up on the internet. ;D
Now.. A giveaway!!!
Froggyfibers is giving away to one lucky reader.. "Gruppleberry" Roving. See it:
You can opt to have it spun into a single or 2 ply yarn.
How to enter:
1. Go to FroggyFibers.Etsy.Com , find your favorite item, come back here and comment (required, 1 entry)
2. Follow the Etsy Chatters Team Blog and http://froggyfibers.blogspot.com/ Comment here. (2 Entries)
3. Follow EtsyChatTeam on Twitter AND Tweet about this Contest with a link to froggyfibers.etsy.com (place link here in comment, 1 entry per day - 7 possible throughout contest!)
4. BLOG about Froggyfibers.Etsy.Com and this Post (Leave a 2 comments here with the link, 2 entries.)
5. Purchase something from FroggyFibers(Leave 4 comments here with link to transaction, 4 entries)
6. Submit a To-Torial to the CHATTERS Team blog to Heathenshearth or Jupita, then post here for two additional entries. (2 entries)