It is Friday again.. This week we are QnAing with LArissa from www.Larissa789.Etsy.Com
1.Who is Larissa?
I'm just a simple girl who likes to try everything! I am constantly online looking something crafty up to try. Normally, I have my 9 month old crawling around my feet wanting attention. I love Etsy and enjoy putting my work up to share with other people.
2. What kind of crafting/art do you do? How long have you been doing it?
Like I said in my previous answer, I am always looking up something to try. Which means my crafting abilities are very wide spread! I love to make jewelry, sew, knit, crochet, needle felt, scrapbook, decoupage, paint, draw (though I'm horrible at it!) work with clay and anything else interesting I find. I'm not saying I'm good at any of those, because most of them, I'm really not! But I love to try it all and be able to do any fun projects I see. But my main shop is only jewelry. I opened my second shop for everything else! =) I have been crafting my whole life, but I just started working with jewelry about 3 years ago and only really intensely about a year and a half ago.
3. Where do you pull your inspiration from?
I get my inspiration from things I see walking down the street, things I see on the internet, things people say. It's really varied. Sometime I just feel inspired to make something out of no where!
4. What is your favorite medium?
Probably all my jewelry making supplies. Like my beads and chains and everything that goes along with that. I don't
5. Is Etsy your art your full time job, or just an on the side project?
Etsy is my passion. My art. I love to create things to add to my shop and it is really exciting to see what other people think about it. I am a stay at home mom so I don't have a full-time job really. I would eventually love to open a shop with all the results of my crafts in it. But I don't know if that is feasible!
6. How did you find Etsy?
I think a friend was showing me some baby things on Etsy and later I checked it out myself. I set up an account to purchase things originally, then decided to open a shop about 2 months later. I wish I would have used a different username, but I already had some feedback that I didn't want to sacrifice.
7. How did you become ADDICTED to Etsy CHAT?
A friend told me to go check out the chat rooms and I was instantly addicted. I think I am a chat addict by nature, so when I entered the Etsy chat rooms it was even easier to get addicted when everyone is talking about the things I love most!
8. What is your favorite piece that you have done?
I am so obsessed with The Littlest Mushroom Cameo necklace. I just finished it recently but it really is me in necklace form! I love it! I still am not sure that I want to part with it! I also really love the Rainy Days in Spring necklace. I think it is pretty unique and clever.
9. What is your favorite Etsy shop (other than yours)?
I am always obsessed with sparklerocks shop! I just love everything she makes! But I can't get enough of blueberryshoes, plushlifeisyummy, jupita, thelovelyteaspoon and cashewedalmonds. Is that too many? I think not. I told you I am obsessed with Etsy!
10.Tips for other Artists?
Be yourself and don't try to do what is "cool" or what everyone else is doing if it isn't you!
Get out there and make yourself known! Talk to people so more people will know about your shop.
Trade. It's fun! =)
11.Tell me a Secret about yourself.
I don't really have any secrets...well nothing that I can think of. Man, I'm so lame!
12. Any parting words of wisdom?
Never take a laxative and a sleeping pill at the same time.
Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.
Never do your shoelaces up in a revolving door.
Avoid parking tickets - leave your window wipers on fast-wipe.
When everythings going your way - you're in the wrong lane.
When sliding down the bannister of life - make sure the splinters are facing the right way.
Now.. for the giveaway:
LArissa789 will give away a this adorable rose necklace to the winner:
Wouldnt that look lovely??
1. Go to Larissa789.Etsy.Com, find your favorite item, come back here and comment (required, 1 entry)
2. Follow the Etsy Chatters Team Blog, Comment here. (1 Entry)
3. Follow EtsyChatTeam and Larissa789 on Twitter AND Tweet about this Contest (place link here in comment, 1 entry per day - 7 possible throughout contest!)
4. BLOG about LArissa789.Etsy.Com and this Post (Leave a 2 comments here with the link, 2 entries.)
5. Purchase something from Larissa789.Etsy.Com(Leave 4 comments here with link to transaction, 4 entries)
6. Submit a To-Torial to the CHATTERS Team blog to Heathenshearth or Jupita, then post here for two additional entries. (2 entries)
must have email address, or link to shop for contacting to win. in the event the # chosen does not.. We will pick another winner. Sorry, but those are the rules.