1. Who is cuddlycuties?
Cuddlycuties is the product of two friends who love to sew and together got drawn in by the wonderful world of machine embroidery. The things you see in Cuddlycuties' shop today are made by Dawn. Shannon is the second member of Cuddlycuties, and she contributes more to the shop in the way of fulfilling custom requests.
2. What kind of crafting/art do you do? How long have you been doing it?
I have been sewing for more years than I care to count, definitely more than 25. Machine embroidery came into my life just over a year ago. I also do knitting, and many other crafts. My grandmother taught me to knit when I was about 5 years old, so I've been knitting for around 30 years now.
3. Where do you pull your inspiration from?
I get most of my inspiration from my son. I start with things I loved to have when he was a baby, and add in things I wish I had then. Other inspiration just comes from life. I will get an idea of something that would make my life easier, and usually end up thinking "I could make that!"
4. What is your favorite medium?
I love natural fabrics for sewing and knitting. I am currently in love with embroidery though, so I have expanded my horizons to include it in my favorites.
5. Is Etsy your art your full time job, or just an on the side project?
My time with my son is my full time job, but I would like to make Etsy into a full time venture as well.
6. How did you find Etsy?
My aunt called me one day and told me about this website she had read about in a magazine, and I checked it out that same day. Signed up that day, and then started formulating a plan to make a go of it.
7. How did you become ADDICTED to Etsy CHAT?
I decided one day to see what Etsy chat was all about, and I've been hooked ever since.
8. What is your favorite piece that you have done?
I have a hard time picking a favorite piece. They all have different things I love about them.
9. What is your favorite Etsy shop (other than yours)?
For someone who hates picking favorites of anything (I still don't have a favorite color!), this is a difficult question. Today my favorite shop is Heathens Hearth. I absolutely adore their soap.
10.Tips for other Artists?
Do the art you love the most. In the end, whether you make a profit or not is not important. It's if you enjoyed the labor that went into the pieces you made.
11.Tell me a Secret about yourself.
I'm terrible at keeping secrets, so I don't think there are any left!
12. Any parting words of wisdom?
Don't give up! The more difficult the road to success, the more rewarding in the end.
Cuddlycuties will be giving away a market tote embroidered with the winning shop's information.! How fun would that be to have?!! You can have something functional, eco friendly and ADVERTISE your shop! awesome.
All you have to do is go to: CUDDLYCUTIES etsy shop then....
1. pick your favorite item. Come back here and leave a comment on what your fav item is. (for 1 entry)
2. FOLLOW the chatters team blog and comment here (for 1 entry)
3. Purchase something from Cuddlycuties, come back here and comment TWICE leaving the link to your transaction page here. (for 2 entries)
Winner will be chosen by random number generator in one week (Friday June 12).