1. Who is MissMooseDesign?
I am a stay at home mom and I just think of myself as simple. I hang my clothes out on the laundry line and I mop as often as I can force myself to. I am married to my best friend and my little girl has my heart. I craft when I have free time and enjoy every moment before it can sneak by. I love the first time you smell a charcoal grill in the spring and hate two piece bathing suits. I love reclaimed items and hand stitched quilts. You might say I’m an old soul. I don’t wear make-up but think it looks phenomenal on others. I have two rescued mutts and prefer to grow my own vegetables. If I had to iron my clothes everyday I would probably run out into traffic. I would say that I am definitely blessed beyond belief.
2. What is your Art / Craft of choice?
I love working with old stuff. Vintage buttons and old deserted quilt tops are my favorites!
3. How did you find Etsy?
I was a buyer before I was a seller :)
4. What about Chat.. How did you become addicted?
I started chatting as a promotional tool. Everyone said you needed to start making connections. So...I did. What I did not expect was to develop friendships with those little spinning and bouncing avatars. I have met some people who mean a great deal to me. Friendships I am lucky to have been blessed with. Now I chat to catch up on life stuff, laugh until my sides hurt, or offer support if needed.
5. What is your advice for other Artists and Etsy Sellers?
Let's be honest with one another...I'm not raking in the big bucks! Despite that, I love being a seller on Etsy. I think my only advice is to have fun. Etsy is not just about money. It is about a community of artists coming together and supporting one another. There is an awesome opportunity to connect with other like-minded people at your fingertips and to pass it by would be unfortunate. I have made three life long friends through Etsy that money could not replace. Not to say that you shouldn't run a shop and do it well...just don't forget to stop and smell the roses along the way.
6. What three Arts / Crafting items can you not live without?
My rotary cutter (though I am accident prone!), my Singer Futura embroidery machine, and my dremel!
7.Any last words?
Thanks for stopping by! Feel free to visit my blog http://missmoosedesigns.com/ or facebook page http://www.facebook.com/pages/Athens-GA/Miss-Moose-Designs/100258004708!
Now.. for the giveaway:
MISSMOOSEDESIGN will give away a free market bag and a matching coffee cup sleeve :)
How to enter:
1. Go to MissMooseDesign, find your favorite item, come back here and comment (required, 1 entry)
2. Follow the Etsy Chatters Team Blog, Comment here. (1 Entry)
3. Follow EtsyChatTeam and MissMooseDesign on Twitter AND Tweet about this Contest (place link here in comment, 1 entry per day - 7 possible throughout contest!)
4. BLOG about MissMooseDesign.Etsy.Com and this Post (Leave a 2 comments here with the link, 2 entries.)
5. Purchase something from MissMooseDesign (Leave 4 comments here with link to transaction, 4 entries)
6. Submit a To-Torial to the CHATTERS Team blog to Heathenshearth or Jupita, then post here for two additional entries. (2 entries)
must have email address, or link to shop for contacting to win. in the event the # chosen does not.. We will pick another winner. Sorry, but those are the rules.